Share Buttons

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Reading challenge continues . . .


Just finished this one.

All right, it is an old title, copyright 1996. Found it buried in my TBR (to be read) stack, and that bright red cover leaped out.

If you've read my earlier post, you'll know I have a reading challenge going on for any who want to join.

Simple: read a book a week for a year. At the end I'll have enjoyed 52 new authors and adventures.

For as disappointing as last week was (see previous post), this week's read of BRIDE OF FORTUNE by Shirl Henke was excellent. I was, actually, surprised to see that it only had a 3 1/2 stars on Amazon.

If you love actual history folded into a story, then this is a great tale for you. If you like heroes who fill up the page, then this is the novel for you. Not only does our hero save the heroine, he saves her dog and an orphan. Okay, that makes him pretty great. And if you believe in great love stories, then this is one you'll want to read.

Thanks, Ms. Henke for a read well worth my time.

Now, I'll need to dive back in and see if I have another of her treasures buried in my hiding spot.

What did you read this week?

Remember, busy isn't an excuse to NOT read . . . it's a cop-out!

Until next time,
~Sandra

1 comment:

Jen FitzGerald said...

Read 'Payback in Wayback'.

Jen

Famous Texan -- The Simple (and Complicated) Life of a Texas Titan: Ross Perot

A Texas Titan and legend has left the great state of Texas for the last time. H. Ross Perot, age 89, passed away Tuesday, July 9th, 2019. ...