Share Buttons

Thursday, February 22, 2007

The Edits Are Finished . . .

Yippee!
Yep, that describes it!

As my stories are set in modern-day Texas, the Yippee gets it done. I’m waiting for one final read-through from a fresh set of eyes, then it’s back to the editor.

I’ve utilized an ‘Edits’ notebook throughout this process. More on this in another blog. Honestly, without a technique, I’m not sure I would have been capable of keeping all the changes straight. As this is a Romantic Suspense, multiple threads must be woven through the entire book. Just like with crocheting, drop a stitch and the whole afghan unravels. A disappointed reader is the last thing I want, so I’ve pulled the threads tight to ensure a happy ending and a satisfied reader.

Thanks go to Ally, my editor at Wild Rose Press, for her careful attention on HARM’S WAY. I’m banking all the changes will be worth the wait.

Now, it’s onto the next part of the journey with Ally’s final edits and the return of my galleys.

I’ll keep you posted on the next step in this publishing process.

Do you have a specific question about this writing journey? Feel free to leave your question in the comment section.

No comments:

Famous Texan -- The Simple (and Complicated) Life of a Texas Titan: Ross Perot

A Texas Titan and legend has left the great state of Texas for the last time. H. Ross Perot, age 89, passed away Tuesday, July 9th, 2019. ...