Share Buttons

Friday, June 21, 2019

Southern Humor - Friday Funnies


The day I sent my husband to the grocery store!

If you need a laugh . . . and who doesn't?
Take seven minutes out of your schedule and watch this YouTube. Not only will you smile -- you'll laugh out loud.

Whether you have a husband, a significant other, or a roommate, you will relate to Jeanne Robertson's husband's LITERAL translation of her grocery list.

Being raised in Texas, which we consider part of the South, I can relate to Jeanne Robertson's accent and sense of humor. You do need to wait for the punchline when dealing with Southern humor and certainly Southern women. We don't get in a hurry to reach the end. A good story should end about the time a gal gets to the bottom of her glass. (Could be sweet iced tea . . . could be Mint Julep . . . or could be Sazerac; whatever is in our glass, touch it and die.)

But you don't need deep South roots to enjoy female humor or a good drink. You simply need a preferred beverage and a place to perch. Could be your front stoop. Could be your favored lawn chair. Could be a back porch. The point is: TAKE TIME, LAUGH, AND FIND THE JOY IN THE EVERYDAY. A tall glass of something cool and wonderful and a place to settle are the only requirements.

Do you have a favorite sippin' drink?





















My goal is not to force you to tarry. If you've watched the video, laughed for a bit, put a smile on your face and thought about where you'll settle with a little time and a nice drink, then my late-night (or early morning, depending on your timezone) goal is done.




I will leave you with one of my favorite sayings. As a matter of fact, I want this on a sampler. Maybe, I'll save time and just stitch it right across my kids' foreheads.
















Wishing you a wonderful day from my back porch.



No comments:

Famous Texan -- The Simple (and Complicated) Life of a Texas Titan: Ross Perot

A Texas Titan and legend has left the great state of Texas for the last time. H. Ross Perot, age 89, passed away Tuesday, July 9th, 2019. ...