Share Buttons

Monday, September 3, 2007

FAST-DRAFT

Started fast-draft today. For those who don't know, fast-draft (the brain child of author and writing guru, Candy Havens) is a technique of setting a goal for writing X number of NEW pages per day and living with that commitment for 14 days. A group of writers bond together -- each one making his/her goals public -- then each writer is accountable for hitting that number.

My page count is 7 new pages per day. No matter what happens, I've commited to writing SEVEN or 1,750 words each day. That's in addition to any other writing commitments I have.

Today, I edited 80 pages in front to make sure the transitions would be smooth then I hit my page count. As I'm working out of the house all this week, 7 seemed realistic. I hope to blow that number out of the water, though.

Don't forget my next book-signing for HARM'S WAY:
Barnes & Noble
8525 Airport Freeway
N. Richland Hills, TX
Thursday, September 6th, @ 7:30pm


Oh, and don't forget, if you'd prefer an electronic download of HARM'S WAY go to:
The Wild Rose Press and order directly from this link.

1 comment:

Andrea Geist said...

I'm proud of you. I'll be at the 9/6 book signing. Love - Me

Famous Texan -- The Simple (and Complicated) Life of a Texas Titan: Ross Perot

A Texas Titan and legend has left the great state of Texas for the last time. H. Ross Perot, age 89, passed away Tuesday, July 9th, 2019. ...